Job ID: 108079
Oldcastle Architectural Products (APG) is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. Additional strong national positions are also found in packaged lawn and garden products. The business produces and markets brands you know such as Belgard® hardscapes and Sakrete® cement mixes. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
The position of Brand Manager for Oldcastle APG is responsible for strengthening the brand’s image and competitive positioning while accomplishing set KPIs to contribute to overall line of business annual sales goals. The Brand Manager will work closely with sales, marketing and product development to create and oversee the execution of a multi-year brand strategy as well as annual marketing plans to continually drive brand awareness, engagement and conversion as defined by KPIs. Specific job functions include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead brand marketing projects, working with appropriate sales and marketing departments to develop strategic marketing plans.
- Work with line of business leaders to identify marketing, product and channel opportunities and develop end user communications plans and tactics.
- Work with strategic agencies as well as internal creative department to develop multi-channel advertising campaigns spanning print, digital, broadcast, social media and direct mail to target end-users, purchasers and influencers.
- Utilize point-of-purchase materials, merchandising, sales collateral, video and digital media to create awareness of brand messages, products and sales promotions.
- Manage visual, written and spoken elements of the brand to ensure consistency and brand equity throughout sales and marketing materials and messages.
- Develop new and maximize usage of brand’s owned properties including web site, blog, enews and social media outlets.
- Oversee brand messaging and presence at key industry trade/consumer shows and other events as relevant.
- Maximize brand awareness and perception through media relations, PR and third party endorsements.
- Develop and manage annual brand and project budgets.
- Manage ongoing relationships with internal and agency partners.
- Work with product management and sales to launch new products, fostering awareness, knowledge and adoption across internal and external customers.
- Work with relevant industry associations and strategic partners to lead category conversations and market growth/expansion.
- Work with team to develop channel and customer segmentation strategies.
- Create an enduring brand message that results in increased sales, brand loyalty and improved market share.
- Champion the brand internally making sure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals.
- Seek out new marketing opportunities that fit with the brand, maximizing all opportunities for growth.
- Report on campaign performance and make timely recommendations for optimization.
- Serve as cross-functional team leader and the point person for all activities relating back to the brand.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in marketing, communications or equivalent subject matter
- Minimum 5 years brand, marketing or channel experience
- Highly organized and proven project management skills
- Analytical skills and acute attention to detail
- Foster a spirit of teamwork
- Must be adaptable with ability and willingness to efficiently manage multiple priorities and demands that continuously shift in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with major retailers highly preferred
- Travel up to 25%
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.